Tuesday 17 March 2009

My Cute Grandpa

My grandfather is well-known for his seriousness. He never jokes and seldom smile. There's a big gap between him and his children or grandchildren. After listening to some old-time stories about him, I find that he is actually very cute.
.

Story 1:

(This happened 40 years ago)

.

Once upon a time, a salesman came to my grandfather's house.

Salesman : Sir, our company has come out with this new product.....Blah blah blah...

Grandpa : I'm not interested...

Salesman : It's okay. I can explain to you about the multi-function product in details later. Sir, you can register your name now and our company will give you a free gift straight away. It's totally free. With your information with us, we can post you the brochures about the newest product of our company. And discounts are given for members only.

Grandpa : No, thanks.

Salesman : I'll help you register now. Sir, may I know what is your name?

Grandpa : Ok, since you insist, I'll let you know my name. I'm Muhammad Ali.

Salesman : ....................................

Story 2 :

( This happened last Thursday )

.

"Ring.......ring........ring". The phone rang for quite a long time. My grandpa picked up the phone.

Grandpa : Hello. Who is this?

Small kid : Dad.....dad......Help!!!! Help!!!! I've been kidnapped! *sobs

Grandpa : Tell me what is your name.

Small kid : *keep on crying....I am your son...help me, dad....I'm scared....

Grandpa : You have to tell me your name first. What is your name?

(Mr. X takes over the phone from the kid.)

Mr. X : Your kid has been kidnapped. You have to pay me RM 100,000. If not, his limbs will be chopped off one by one.

Grandpa : Yeah, I know. I watch television and this is what happens when you kidnapped somebody.

Mr. X : So, you know what to do?

Grandpa : If you have kidnapped my kid, you have to give me the chance to verify whether he is really my kid. Now, pass the phone to him.

Mr. X : Cannot.

Grandpa : What's his surname?

Mr. X : His surname is your surname lar....

Grandpa : How old is he?

Mr. X : Eh...why ask so many questions. You know you have how many children or not?

Grandpa : Of course I know. I have eight children, 5 sons and 3 daughters.

Mr. X : Then, you know where they are or not?

Grandpa : Yeah. All of them are married. Some of them are in United States and some of them are in Peninsular Malaysia.

Mr. X : A loh...The one with me now is from United States de lahhhh....

Grandpa : How old is he?

Mr. X : 30+

Grandpa : I don't have children of that age....

Mr. X : Ah, soli....he is around 20+....

Grandpa : Not even close....

Mr. X : Give me the money or I'll kill him now.

Grandpa : He is not my child.

Mr. X : Then why did you talk to me for so long? .............( Hang up the phone ).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My 87 year-old grandpa actually talked to the guy for more than 30 minutes. He knew from the beginning that this is a fake phone call from some desperate guy. My grandpa was questioning and screwing him up like a CID. Believe it or not? An 87 year-old man who is still so alert and clear-minded....He has finally found another soul mate to talk to....=P

I think it's a waste of time and is very unlucky....for the caller....LOL!!!! If I am Mr. X, I would have banged my head on the wall....

.

2 comments: