Sunday 13 December 2009

Info for IT Consumers

During the Kuching ICT Expo (PC Fair), my dad bought me an ACER laptop from Boulevard IT.
*Clarification : This shop has nothing to do with Boulevard The Shopping Mall, it's an ICT shop in Saberkas.

Searching for a suitable laptop all day long, we decided to buy Acer Aspire model 4736G.
Cost : RM2399.oo
Specifications :
- Intel Core Duo Processor
- NVIDIA GeForce
- 14.0'' HD LED LCD
- 4GB Memory
- 500 GB HDD
- built-in webcam
- genuine Windows 7 + free 1-year antivirus
- Free gifts : Mouse, mouse pad, keyboard protector, screen protector, back pack, spongy laptop case, cooler fan, laptop vacuum cleaner, headphone and the cleaning kit.

Before leaving Boulevard IT Store, we asked the promoter to check whether all the package contents were complete. I thought everything went well. But when I reached home and started to explore my new laptop, I found something missing. The most important thing -- the cable connecting the laptop to the power source!!! It was 3 hours after our purchase. Wouldn't they notice that there's extra cable in their shop???!!!

Nevermind. It was 8:00 pm and we called the store. Surprisingly, no one picks up the phone. 3 trials in a period of 20 minutes turns out nothing. So we rushed to the store. The senior asked the junior to search it somewhere in the store. And he found it under a pile of papers!!!!!! What a disorganised store.

Another thing that pissed me off was the free gift --- screen protector. Excuse me sir, I am buying a 14.0'' laptop and what did you give me? A 10.0'' screen protector?!!!! What is wrong with you?? Or you are used to that, buying a XS shirt for your XLL body?

We went back home, hoping there's nothing wrong anymore. So I tried going online with my new laptop. After around 10 minutes of surfing, my computer suddenly hanged. Mouse cursor remains static, windows task manager can't be opened...So I switch off the power source as there were no other ways. I thought it was me who was too rushed to open a few web pages at once, thus causing the computer to hang. But after a week or so, I know it wasn't my problem. I faced the same problem 9 out of 10 times when I am connected to a network.

And so, we went back to Boulevard IT store AGAIN!!!! They don't know what was the problem. One of the senior said, "Everything is fine LERRRR....nothing wrong LERRR...." and he asks his junior to convey that message to us. What is wrong with you? We were standing just 3 feet from you and you can't talk to us directly? IMPOLITE.

Then, they ask me to surf the net in front of them, and go the website that causes my laptop to hang. Well, basically, it hangs spontaneously at all websites. After 10 minutes, nothing happens and the senior smiles. Excuse me, do you think I am fooling you around and creating stories? Am I supposed to make the computer hang on the spot so that you can solve the problem? Shiiiishh..what kinda technician is that? They ask us to go back without giving any advice or suggestion.

So, friends out there, never go to Boulevard IT store in Saberkas. I recommend 3E computer store. The goods are of lower prices and the technicians were very polite and helpful.

I will never go to Boulevard IT store again. Sayonara.

No comments:

Post a Comment