Sunday 28 February 2010

Life After STPM Part 3

The STPM result was released on 25th February 2010.

It was Thursday and I was still teaching in school when the result is announced.  To get rid of the nervousness and anxiousness trapped in my soul, I sms-ed to check my result.  After 10 minutes, I received the result.  Well, I expect to get 4.0 CGPA but as usual, I am not a very lucky person.  Didn't get what I wished for.

My result is not a secret.  So here you are : 3A, 1A-. CGPA:3.92     *sigh
My Maths teacher was so shocked when I got an A- for my Maths.  I can't believe it too.  Not that I want to boast myself, but I have put a lot of effort in Maths, as well as other subjects.  And I usually get around 85 marks for my Maths.  How can that be an A-?  Oh well, what can I do?  Nothing.

Our school didn't have straight A's (not including A-) students for 3 years consecutively already.  My friends know some of the friends from other schools who manage to get 4.0 CGPA.  According to the usual academic performance of these group of people, they didn't have good track results as compared to us, but they got straight A's.  What we can deduce from this phenomenon is that, each centre (school) is marked by different group of teachers and therefore, different standards evolved in the marking system.  "Un-lucky-ness" has become part of my life.  Let me bare with it for another, say, 60 years? (If I can live up to 80 years)  LOL!!!

Okay, get over with the results.  Now I have to figure out a way to get myself into the Dentistry programme in local universities.  With 300 STPM students getting straight A's and unknown number of Matriculation students emerging this year (predicted to be more than 600 due to the lenient system), I really don't know what is the chance of me getting the course I want.  Having told that there are 200 dentistry vacancies and 1000 vacancies in the local universities, I think the chances are getting lower.  My dad asked me,"Why you always choose the critical course?"  What should I answer him?

If the government do not offer the course I want this time round, I plan to take overseas course or go into private university.  Let the local universities be filled with the 'M' people.  I'll serve another country who appreciate me.  Failing to secure a JPA scholarship with my 10A1 and 1A2 result has really pissed me off.  If I fail to secure a dentistry/medicine seat in local universities, then that's it.  I fade up, not with myself.  You know the answer.

So currently, I am glued to my laptop whenever I'm free, searching for overseas scholarships and applying for local universities courses.  Let's see how it goes.  Will update if possible. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment