Tuesday 1 June 2010

USM here I come!

I guess I am very lucky to be offered a place in USM as a dental student. I have read from various websites where students said that they take into account of your results, extra curricular activities, interview and family background in the university filter process. With an STPM CGPA of 3.92 out of 4.00, extra curricular activity CGPA of 9.04 out of 10.00, and being totally honest about my parents' income; I thought I would not get an offer from USM, the APEX uni, especially in Dentistry because the vacancies are really limited. Try to imagine that only 50 seats are available for the both the STPM and Matric students. And I am one of the lucky ones. Thank God for guiding me and giving me the strength all this while.

But there's fear that I need to overcome after accepting this offer. I need to leave home and I would certainly be homesick even a day away from my family, especially my mother. The relationship between my mother and I is very close. No gap at all. And I am worried about her after I leave Kuching. Tears.

Hopefully I can cope with these changes. Praying hard that my parents will be healthy and happy always. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment